Sesame & Dry Fruit Chikki
¼ cup white sesame seeds
¼ cup sliced almonds & pistachios
½ cup jaggery roughly chopped
2 tbsp water
⅛ tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp ghee
Ghee for greasing
- Take sesame seeds in a pan & roast for 2-3 min stirring constantly. Remove in a bowl.
- Take mix dry fruits in a pan & roast for 1-2 min stirring constantly. Remove in same bowl as sesame seeds.
- Melt jaggery in a pan on low flame.
- Add 2 tbsp water.
- Once jaggery melts cook on low flame for 3-4 min stirring constantly.
- Now check consistency by putting one drop of jaggery in bowl of water & allow it to set for 5-10 sec. If jaggery sets nicely & becomes one piece then it perfect consistency for making chikki. Along with it also taste the set jaggery & if it doesn’t stick in mouth it is perfect. Else cook for 2-3 min more.
- Add 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter), cardamom powder & mix everything well.
- Lastly add the roasted sesame seeds & dry fruits, mix well & switch off flame.
- Roll the mixture on greased rolling board or platform using a rolling pin. Roll it as thin as possible.
- Using a roller cutter/Knife make cut marks on the chikki.
- Allow chikki to cool down for 30 min.
- Make pieces of chikki.
- Store in air tight container.