Roasted Poha Chivda
- 3 cups Thin poha
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 red chilies broken
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Dried coconut slices
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Use the wide pan and heat it on low flame. Add poha in a thin layer and dry roast until it becomes crispy which would take about 3-4 minutes. The Poha would break if you constantly stir or stir too much rigrously.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add red chilies and curry leaves. Saute until all the moisture from curry leaves are gone and they become crispy. If there is any moisture left, the whole chivda will not stay crispy and over the time chivda will start to get soggy.
- Then add peanuts and coconut slices. Roast them with stirring constantly until they get light brown in color and becomes crispy.
- Then add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add roasted poha.
- Immediately mix everything well and turn off the stove. Let it cool completely before storing in the container, it stays good for a few weeks.
PS: You can have it with curd or add chopped onions and tomatoes just before eating.